Google is a popular internet Search Engine run by a California based publicly traded corporation of the same name. Originating in 1996 as a project of two students at Stanford, Google is now the world's most used Search Engine. Google's services are run on several server farms, each consisting of thousands of low-cost commodity computers running stripped-down versions of Linux. While the company does not provide detailed information about its hardware, a 2006 estimate consisted of over 450,000 servers, racked up in clusters located in data centers around the world.
Notable services offered by GoogleEdit
- Google Web Search | The original Google search.
- Google Image Search | Search for images on the web.
- Google Maps | Maps and Directions.
- Google News | Search articles from online news distributers.
- Google Video | Search through user added video content.
- Google Docs | Google Free online office suite.
- Gmail | Free Email platform.
- Google Earth  | Free satillite photo composed earth-browsing software.