Internet Privacy Edit
Many have regarded the internet as being an unsecured place, open to identity theft, lack of privacy and an easy way for many to access parts of our lives we don't want others seeing.
With the internet being an un-policed enviroment, it can make for situations in which a user can be exposed easily to others attempts to gain access to information. things like phishing, fraud, scams and identity theft are frequent crimes that happen on the internet through various mediums included but not limited to: email, forums and fraudulent sites. in recent years several companies have fallen under poor public impressions due to such fraudulent activity in the companies name, such an example is ebay which has had to devote much of its resources to fighting fraud and other types of illegal activities.
AT&T NSA program
- AT&T sued over NSA spy program (News.com)
- Whistleblower reveals extent of AT&T spying role (AlterNet.org)
- AT&T 'Spy Room' Documents Unsealed; You've Already Seen Them (Wired.com)
Fraud with internet shopping
- EBay Fraud (wikipedia)
- Protecting your privacy (ebay.com)
- PayPal Privacy Center (paypal.com)
- Amazon privacy center (amazon.com)
Preventing Identity theft and fraud