In contrast to general search engines, vertical search engines or vearch engines aim to provide users with the smallest, must focused, relevant results possible. Typically vertical search tools find information within a very specific topic field or niche category. The search parameters entered by the user are combined with those the tool uses to limit results to the predefined category.
Examples of Vertical Search EnginesEdit
- Vertical Search Engines Rising Again?
- Silicon Valley’s buzzing with Vertical Search
- The Four Horsemen of Vertical Search
- Doing a Vertical Search
- http://www.iw.com/node/307 Market Ripe for Vertical Search Engines]
- Google vs. Yahoo: homepage vertical search usability from ZDNet
- Watch Out Google, Vertical Search Is Ramping Up! from the Read/Write Web
- The Future for “Search” - What we mean when we say human, vertical from the Whats New Media Blog